Good news for undergraduate scholarship money seekers! More specifically, I am talking about good news for technology and science students. Application for the MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2015/2016 has started!
About the Scholarship
MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2015/2016 is targeted at full-time, second-year students in Nigerian public tertiary institutions – universities, polytechnics and colleges of education. The scholarship scheme is particular biased towards those students studying technology and sciences courses. Successful candidates in the MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2015/2016 will be awarded the sum of N200,000 each to cover tuition fees, books and stipends for a session. Up to 500 awards are made every year to successful students and they are renewable for successive sessions, so long an awardee maintains a minimum CGPA in the Second Class Upper or Upper Credit division. About 2,500 awards have been given out since the inception of the scheme in 2010.
The following conditions have to be met for you to be eligible to apply for MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2015/2016.
* You must be a full-time, second-year/200 Level student in a public university, polytechnic or college of education
* Possession of a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1) by university and college of education students; minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 by OND students who must have secured admission for an HND programme, and 3.0 GPA by direct entry students who have completed an OND programme and must have secured admission into a public university.
* Applicants must be studying in any of the following areas:
– Agric. Extension and Rural Development
– Agricultural Science
– Animal Breeding and Genetics
– Animal Nutrition
– Animal Production and Health
– Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
– Applied Physics
– Chemical Engineering
– Civil Engineering
– Computer and Electronics
– Computer and Information Science
– Computer and Mathematics
– Computer Engineering
– Computer Science
– Electrical Engineering
– Electrical/Electronic Engineering
– Electronics and Computer Technology
– Electronics Engineering
– Engineering Physics
– Industrial Mathematics
– Industrial Physics
– Information Technology
– Mechanical Engineering
– Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
– Petroleum and Gas Engineering
– Physics Electronics
– Physics/ Computational Modelling
– Pure/ Applied Physics
– Statistics and Computer Science
– System Engineering
Application and Deadline
Eligible students for the MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2015/2016 are advised to visit the scholarship page and register. You have until 6 September, 2015 to get your application in. Please note that incomplete applications will be nullified.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to take part in an assessment test that will determine eventual awardees. Invited students will be required to produce two (2) recent passport photographs along with original and photocopy of the under-listed documents:
• Valid Student ID card Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
• Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
• Admission letter for the HND programmes (For Polytechnic students only)
Good luck with it!