Application has started for Shell University Scholarship Award 2015, a scheme aimed at providing financial assistance to qualified and capable undergraduate students in Nigerian universities.
What’s to know about Shell University Scholarship Award 2015?
This scholarship award scheme is open to first-year undergraduates in all universities in Nigeria, albeit the awards are often made when such students are already in the second year of study. Shell University Scholarship Award 2015 is the brainchild of the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) of Nigeria Limited, operator of the NNPC/Shell/TEPN/Agip Joint Venture. Under the scheme, an annual grant is provided to successful applicants for the full duration of their undergraduate programme. The organisers wish to promote academic excellence and enhance skill levels of young people in Nigeria.
Shell University Scholarship Award 2015 is offered in two categories: National Merit Award and Areas of Operation Merit Award.
National Merit Award – This category is open to universities undergraduates that hail from any of the states in Nigeria.
Areas of Operation Merit Award – Only students who hail from Shell’s areas of operations are eligible to apply in this category. Eastern area of operation covers Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa (excluding Ekeremor and Sagbama LGA indigenes), Imo and Rivers. Bayelsa (Ekeremor and Sagbama LGAs) and Delta state indigenes are eligible for the Western area award.
You need meet the following requirements to be able to apply for Shell University Scholarship Award 2015:
• Be a Nigerian by citizenship and currently enrolled for an undergraduate or first-degree programme in an approved university anywhere within the country
• Admitted to a first-degree programme during the 2013/2014 academic session
• Possess O’ Level credit in at least seven subjects, including English Language and Mathematics
• Be a full-time undergraduate student with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 at the time of submitting your application
You need to have scanned copies of the following documents ready to submit your application:
– A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
– University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
– Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores; ‘
– O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
– Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
If you are applying for the Areas of Operation Merit Award, you also need scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
– The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
– The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW).
The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Sustainable Development (UIO/G/NRS), Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt.
Application and Deadline
You are required to visit the Shell University Scholarship Award 2015 scholarship page to submit your application. Registration has to be done with a valid email address and phone number – this must be emphasized as some applicants do take such things for granted. Interested undergraduates in Nigerian universities have until 18 September 2015 to signify their interest in the scholarship award by submitting an application.
Please I want to register for this foru . I like the info you guys pas .
Glad to know you appreciate the information provided on this blog. You need not register to use the blog; just check back frequently for new information and comment whenever you feel like. If you mean applying for the scholarship, you should visit the scholarship page linked within the article.
Comments are closed.