Are you currently a 200-level Nigerian undergraduate in an NUC-accredited university? If yes, then it might interest you to know that applications are currently being received for the Shell Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarships 2016-2017.
About the Shell University Scholarship Award
The Shell Nigeria University Scholarship award scheme is open to current second-year undergraduates in all universities in Nigeria. Shell Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarships 2016-2017 is an educational support initiative of the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) of Nigeria Limited, operator of the NNPC/Shell/TEPN/Agip Joint Venture. Under the scheme, an annual grant is provided to successful applicants for the full duration of their undergraduate programmes. The organisers wish to promote academic excellence and enhance skill levels of young people in Nigeria.
Shell Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarships 2016-2017 will, as usual, be made in two categories: National Merit Award and Areas of Operation Merit Award.
National Merit (NM) Award – This category is open to university undergraduates hailing from any of the states in Nigeria.
Areas of Operation Merit (OM) Award – Only students who hail from Shell’s areas of operations are eligible to apply in this category. The areas or states include Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers.
You need to meet the following requirements to be able to apply for the Shell Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarships 2016-2017:
– Be a Nigerian by citizenship and currently enrolled for an undergraduate or first-degree programme in an approved university anywhere within the country
– Admitted to a first-degree programme in the 2015/2016 academic session
– Possess O’ Level credit in at least seven subjects, including English Language and Mathematics
– Be a full-time undergraduate student with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 (transcripts or official records to be attached)
You need to have scanned copies of the following documents ready to submit your application:
– A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
– University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter
– Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores
– O’ Level Result(s)
– A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable
– Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
If you are applying for the Areas of Operation Merit (OM) Award, you also need to submit scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
a) The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
b) The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Investment, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Prodeco 5, Room 10, Shell Industrial Area, Rumubiakani, Port Harcourt.
NOTE: The size of EACH scanned document should not be larger than 200KB and must be saved in JPEG (.jpg) format.
Application and Deadline
You may visit the Shell Nigeria’s educational programmes page for further information on the Shell Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarships 2016-2017. Applications are to be submitted online via www.shellnigeria.com.
Registration has to be done with a valid email address and phone number – this must be emphasized as some applicants do take such things for granted. Interested undergraduates in Nigerian universities have until Friday 2 December, 2016 to get their applications in. You obviously do not have a lot of time, so hurry!
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted, as always. Good luck!