As part of efforts geared towards meeting the mandate given it by the Federal Government of Nigeria, the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is organising a Geosciences Training Programme to build local manpower and participation in the oil and gas industry.
About the Training Programme
The PTDF Geosciences Training Programme (GTP) 2015 appears to be the inaugural edition of this training scheme, which is ‘designed to increase local capacities for geosciences knowledge, application and analytical skills in the oil and gas industry.’ The PTDF Geosciences Training Programme (GTP) 2015 is a five-month training programme aimed at Nigerian graduates of geology or geosciences discipline. The training will be conducted at the Laser Petroleum Geosciences Centre in Port Harcourt.
To be eligible to apply for the PTDF Geosciences Training Programme (GTP) 2015, you need to:
– Be a Nigerian graduate of geology or geosciences
– Have a minimum of second class lower (2:2) degree
– Have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) service year
– Not be older than 30 years
– Be computer literate
– Be available to complete a six-month post-training attachment programme.
Please be aware that you need to meet all stated requirements to apply, otherwise you will simply be wasting your time. If you are qualified for the PTDF Geosciences Training Programme (GTP) 2015, you are to upload and forward the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– O’ Level result (WAEC or NECO)
– First degree and/or MSc certificate
– NYSC discharge certificate
– Birth certificate or age declaration
– Evidence of state of origin
– Passport photograph
You are required to provide your phone number and email address for easy contact.
After sending the required documents to the provided email address, you need to complete a Google Form. You have until August 21 to get in your application if you are interested in being part of the PTDF Geosciences Training Programme (GTP) 2015. The PTDF says limited number of people will be sponsored to be part of the training.