It is that time again for Nigerian students in universities across the country to apply for the NNPC Chevron University Scholarship Awards 2017/2018. Continue reading to know whether you are eligible to apply and how to.
About the Scholarship Programme
The National University Scholarship awards, a product of the Joint Venture (JV) between Chevron Nigeria Limited and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), have been offered for several years already and this year will not be an exception. A number of awards are up for grabs for the 2017-2018 session. This might just be your turn to benefit from the largesse.
To be eligible to apply for the NNPC/Chevron National University Scholarship Awards 2017/2018, you must be:
• A full-time, second-year (200-level) student in a Nigerian university.
• Enrolled for any of the following study programmes:
2. Agricultural Engineering and Agricultural Science
4. Business Administration and Economics
5. Chemical Engineering
6. Civil Engineering
7. Computer Science
8. Electrical and Electronic Engineering
9. Environmental Studies and Surveying
10. Geology and Geophysics
12. Mass Communication and Journalism
13. Mechanical and Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
14. Human Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy
15. Petroleum Engineering
The organisers say you cannot apply for any other scholarship awards by Chevron Nigeria Limited, or its affiliates, advertised simultaneously. This means you cannot apply for other programs such as the ongoing Agbami medical and engineering scholarships.
Visit the scholarship page and click the “How to Apply” tab to submit an application for the NNPC Chevron University Scholarship Awards 2017/2018. But first you need to have scanned copies of the following documents ready:
• Recent passport photograph (not older than three months) with white background, measuring 450 by 450 pixels and not larger than 200KB in size.
• School ID card
• Admission letter
• O’ Level result
• JAMB result, and
• Birth certificate
• Local government area letter of identification
Applicants need to give each of these a name that depicts what the document represents.
NOTE: It appears you are going to need your National Identification Number (NIN) issued by the NIMC. Therefore, you will do well to have that ready when applying, although you may be able to add it later.
Check the scholarship page for more comprehensive information on the application process, including frequently-asked questions (FAQs).
Deadline and Selection
Your application for the NNPC Chevron University Scholarship Awards 2017/2018 should be submitted on or before 9 April, 2017. Shortlisted applicants will get invitation to participate in a qualifying test for eventual awards. You need to make sure you submit correct email address and telephone number(s).