Interested and suitably qualified Nigerian undergraduates are invited to apply for the Nigeria LNG Limited Undergraduate Scholarship Award 2017. Read on to find out if this is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
About the Scholarship
This programme was originally targeted at the host communities of Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) at inception in 1998. It was extended to the rest of the country five years later. Since its creation, the education intervention programme has seen awards being made to more than 2,800 undergraduates, according to the sponsor. Beneficiaries enjoy financial support for the entire duration of their study programme. Interestingly, the award amount has been increased to N300,000 per awardee for each academic session – up from N100,000.
Are You Eligible?
NLNG says the following are the requirements for those interested in the Nigeria LNG Limited Undergraduate Scholarship Award 2017:
• Be a full-time 100-level student in any university in Nigeria
• Have excellent or very good O’ Level results at ONE sitting
• Be a top scorer in the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination (whatever that means)
• Not currently benefitting from any other scholarship award
• Not be a direct relative of an NLNG employee
How and When Do You Apply?
According to NLNG, interested candidates are to follow the steps below to apply:
– Visit the NLNG website
– Click on ‘Our CSR’ menu
– Select ‘Education’ from the drop-down menu and click on the Scholarship link on the displayed page
You will be redirected to the scholarship portal. There you will need to provide scanned copies of the following along with your completed application:
• Passport photographs
• WASC/NECO result
• JAMB result
• University admission letter
• Student ID card
• Local government area (LGA) letter of identification
If you are planning to apply for the Nigeria LNG Limited Undergraduate Scholarship Award 2017, make sure you do that before 30 April, 2017.
It is very important that you provide correct contact details for relevant communication.