Are you a graduate looking for opportunity to undergo your Master’s degree studies abroad at no cost? If yes, you may want to check out the Nigeria LNG Limited Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2017.
About the Scholarship
This scheme by Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) supports suitably qualified candidates for their Master’s programmes in the United Kingdom. The company says it seeks to grow the number of highly-skilled professionals in the country with these scholarships. The scheme was launched in 2012, with the first set of beneficiaries leaving for the UK the following year. Scholarship value ranges from $60,000 to $69,000, depending on programme of study.
Are You Qualified to Apply?
You are probably delighted about this opportunity to study abroad. But first things first: are you eligible to apply for the Nigeria LNG Limited Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2017? In answering that question, we need to start by saying your course of study should be one of the following:
• Environmental sciences
• Management sciences
• Information technology
The other requirements are that you must:
• Be a Nigerian living within the country
• Have a minimum of second-class (upper division) first degree in a relevant field of study
• Have completed the mandatory NYSC programme
• Not be older than 30 years
• Have not less than an 8.0 IELTS
• Have provisional admission to study in any of the earlier-listed disciplines at a select UK institution
• Possess an international passport with validity of at least a year from September 2017
• Be able to get UK Tier-4 student visa and show evidence of being able to travel by September 2017, if successful
• Not be a direct relative of an NLNG Limited employee
How Do You Apply?
Here are the steps you need to follow to apply for the Nigeria LNG Limited Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2017:
– Visit the NLNG website
– Click on ‘Our CSR’ menu
– Select ‘Education’ from the drop-down menu and click on the Scholarship link on the displayed page
You will be redirected to the scholarship portal where you will need to provide scanned copies of the following along with your application:
• International passport bio-data page
• First (Bachelor’s) degree certificate
• Provisional admission letter from select UK institutions
• IELTS result
• Local government area (LGA) letter of identification
Do ensure you provide all the relevant information and documents when applying. Failure in this regard could lead to disqualification.
You have until 12 May, 2017 to submit your application.
Shortlisted candidates will need to successfully negotiate a selection interview or test before getting an award. So you want to ensure you provide correct contact information and check your email box frequently.