How does the idea of studying on full scholarship in China sound to you? Exciting? If it is, it may be in your interest to apply for the Chinese Government-Chinese University Program Postgraduate Scholarships 2017.
About the Scholarship
The Chinese University Program (CUP) is a scholarship scheme by the government of the People’s Republic of China, through the China Scholarship Council (CSC). Awards under the program are made to brilliant international students for study at designated universities in the country. They are entirely targeted at graduate (Master’s and PhD) students.
The scholarship, which covers both preparatory Chinese language study and major study, lasts for 3-4 years. Master’s students receive financial backing for no longer than 3 years. The number of academic years is extended by an extra year for doctoral students for a total of four years. Programmes are taught in either Chinese or English, depending on area of study and/or chosen school.
The following are the requirements for applying to the Chinese Government-Chinese University Program Postgraduate Scholarships 2017:
• Be a citizen of a country other than China
• Be in good health
• Master’s applicants must hold a good first degree and be younger than 35 years at the time of application
• Doctoral applicants must have a master’s degree and younger than 40 years at the time of application
To be part of Chinese Government-Chinese University Program Postgraduate Scholarships 2017, the requirement is to:
• Apply directly to the particular university you are interested in
• Complete the online application procedure outline at CGS Information System (you can get more details on this here)
• Submit all necessary application documents to whatever university you have in focus before the deadline
Application documents you are expected to submit in duplicates include:
• Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS)
• Notarized highest diploma
• Academic transcripts
• A study plan or research proposal (at least 800 words)
• Two recommendation letters, signed by a professor or an associate professor
• Foreigner Physical Examination Form
You can get more information on other requirements from the official website linked to above.
There appears to be no specific deadline for application. The advice by the CSC is for interested persons to contact the Chinese universities in the scheme for this information. However, application is usually from early January to early April.
The designated universities nominate candidates after reviewing application documents. The CSC reviews list of nominees and approves scholarship awards.
These are full scholarships covering tuition, accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance and stipend. You can get more information on each of this on the official scholarship website.