It is without a doubt heart-warming seeing a scheme such as the Petroleum Industry Christian Fellowship International (PICFI) Scholarship Award for undergraduates in Nigerian public universities.
This is so because the individuals making up the awarding body could have simply ‘minded their own business.’ We live in a world and a society where all many care about is to grab and grab.
Well, enough of the rant. You are probably just interested in getting the full gist about the 2019 PICFI scholarship award for Nigerian undergraduates. Without much ado, let’s unload the details.
About the Scholarship
PICFI is a group of petroleum industry professionals of different Christian denominations. It comprises Christian professionals working in both local and multinational companies operating in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.
The organisation says its aim is to establish the Kingdom of God in the petroleum industry. It seeks to improve performance and advocate for just and equitable distribution of industry wealth for the good of the country.
The 2019 PICFI scholarship award is one of the tools the group wishes to use to achieve its vision. It, therefore, invites all qualified, full-time, 100-level Nigerians in state and federal universities to apply for an undergraduate scholarship award.
Eligibility Conditions for 2019 PICFI Scholarship Award
The following are the requirements for you to be eligible to apply for an award:
• Be a certified full-time, Year-One student of any Nigerian Federal or State University at the time of this application
• Must not be older than 25 years of age by 31st December 2019
• Have a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of not less than 3.5
• Must not be on any other scholarship award from other companies or agencies.
In addition to the foregoing, you also need to be currently enrolled in a discipline related to any of the following areas:
• Sciences/Applied Sciences
• Engineering/Engineering Technology
Application and Deadline
Visit the 2019 PICFI scholarship award page to apply, if you think you are qualified. Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button near the top-right corner of your computer screen to begin your application.
You should get copies of the following ready before beginning your application because you will need to upload them:
• Passport sized photograph
• WAEC or NECO result
• JAMB result
• University admission letter
• University student ID card
• LGA Letter of Identification
• Short essay of no more than one page, detailing why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one typed page. Font: Arial; Font size 11)
Please note of the following:
– You must fill in valid contact details when applying.
– You will be disqualified for incomplete attachments, incorrect information supplied, or non-adherence to advertised criteria.
– Be prepared to take an aptitude test, if you are shortlisted.
You have until 22nd June 2019 to submit your application for the 2019 PICFI scholarship award, according to the Scholastica website.
You may visit www.picfi.net, if you wish to know more about PICFI.