Applications are currently being called for from suitably-qualified candidates that are interested in the 2015/2016 Total Nigeria National Merit Scholarship.
About the Total Nigeria Scholarship
This scholarship scheme is a very popular one and ranks among the best-paying undergraduate scholarship programmes in Nigeria. The 2015/2016 Total Nigeria National Merit Scholarship award is the current edition of the annual award, which is put together by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and Total Upstream Companies in Nigeria (TUCN) – Total Exploration & Production Nigeria Limited (Total E&P Nig. Ltd) and Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI). The aim of the scheme is, obviously, to promote academic excellence and quality local manpower development in Nigeria. It is part of the oil company’s corporate social responsibility.
Many students have benefitted from this scholarship programme over the years. And with the 2015/2016 Total Nigeria National Merit Scholarship now on, this might just be your own year to benefit also. You must meet the following conditions to be eligible for award consideration:
* Be a Registered FULL TIME undergraduate in a recognized Nigerian University
* Be a certified 100 or 200 level student at the time of application
* Show proof of SSCE or Equivalent Certificate.
* Show proof of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) score.
* Show proof of Admission letter from the University and Matriculation Number
* Show proof of A-level or Equivalent Certificate (for direct entry students)
The organiser says the following classes of students should not bother to apply for the 2015/2016 Total Nigeria National Merit Scholarship at all:
• Students with less than 200 score in UTME
• Students with less than 2.50 CGPA of 5-point scale, or equivalent 300 level students and above
• Current beneficiaries of similar awards from any other Company or Government
Application and Deadline
Applications will be received online for the 2015/2016 Total Nigeria National Merit Scholarship. Simply head on over to the scholarship application page, register for an account and complete the application form. Be sure to get the following documents proving your eligibility scanned. The documents to upload include:
* Certificate of origin
* SSCE certificate
* UTME result
* JAMB/University admission letter
* First-year result showing CGPA
* Recent passport photograph
Application for the 2015/2016 Total Nigeria National Merit Scholarship award closes on Sunday, 22 November 2015. Selection test will be held at designated centres across the country on 5 December 2015. It is advised that you select a test centre close to where you live, as the cost of transportation to your test venue will not be defrayed by Total Nigeria.